Hong Kong Annual Renewal

Q: My company has no business and cannot afford to pay the higher registration fee for the annual return. Can the registration fee of the annual return be waived?

A: No. The Registrar of Companies has no discretion to waive registration fees under the Companies Ordinance. If the company no longer carries on business, you may consider applying to the Registrar of Companies for deregistration under section 750 of the Companies Ordinance (Cap. 622) or arranging for the company to be wound up under Part V of the Companies (Winding Up and Miscellaneous Provisions) Ordinance (Cap 32).